‘This is my body.’
It is no accident that the same words are used for such different purposes. – Fr. Frank Pavone
For Christians who are debating about pro-life and pro-choice.
“The Gender Based Violence Prevention Project is a new project of the Students’ Union that promotes a campus free of gender based violence. Gender Based Violence exists in both visible and invisible ways on our campus and affects the lives of many University students, staff, faculty, and community members. Through education, awareness, and institutional change, we are striving to create a campus free of gender based violence where everyone can feel safe and supported.”
Causes of sexual assault: Offenders
How to lower your risk: Choose carefully how you flirt, who you flirt with, what you wear, how much you show, how much you drink, where and when you walk alone, and whether or not you carry a sidearm. Use common sense to lower chance of rape.
After all, humanity most likely started as a middle-brown skinned race… look at history and see where the real development happened and why.
“I need feminism because… I definitely deserve to get PAID as much as (or more than) anyone else.”
– If you are a casual worker, you do not deserve to get paid as much as the store manager.
– If you are a high school teacher, you do not deserve to get paid as much as a university professor.
– If you are a nurse, you do not deserve to get paid as much as a doctor.
– If you are an apprentice chef, you do not deserve to get paid as much as the head chef.
– Just because you are a woman, doesn’t mean you deserve to get paid as much, or more than a man (and vice versa).
No one deserves anything, especially if the only factor contributing to that entitlement is your gender. You earn your pay. Simple as that. If you choose a lower income job, then you need to realise that you will earn a lower income than someone else who has chosen a higher income job.
How about an example to make this more clear:
CHILDREN GET PAID 2c FOR EVERY DOLLAR AN ADULT MAKES!
Now, is it reasonable to call that discrimination towards children? Should we stage protests and demand an intervention to ensure that parents are forced to pay their kids $11.45 for every hour that they stand at their shitty homemade lemonade stall? No, because in the situation involving the children/adults wage gap, it is so blatantly obvious that the statistic involved doesn’t disclose some really crucial information such as:
– How often do children work, compared to adults?
– How much time off do children take, compared to adults?
– How labour intensive is the work children do, compared to adults?
– Do the majority of children actively choose lower income jobs to accommodate their lifestyles, compared to adults?
– Do the majority of adults sacrifice a larger portion of their time and lifestyle to take these higher income jobs, compared to children?
So when we spew around this statistic about women earning 77c for every dollar a man makes… Why isn’t it is so blatantly obvious that the statistic involved doesn’t disclose some really crucial information such as:
– How often do women work, compared to men?
– How much time off do women take, compared to men?
– How labour intensive is the work women do, compared to men?
– Do the majority of women actively choose lower income jobs to accommodate their lifestyles, compared to the majority of men?
– Do the majority of men sacrifice a larger portion of their time and lifestyle to take these higher income jobs, compared to women?
Is this really so hard to comprehend, or are we going to blame the patriarchy again?
(PS. Most modern countries have some sort of legal watchdog that prevents and punishes discrimination in the workforce. In Australia we have what is called the Fair Work Ombudsman that gives out information and advice and informs you of your legal rights for those who find themselves in situations that involve discrimination. If you are being discriminated against in the workforce, including payment issues, these institutions will help you out. You don’t have an excuse not to ask.)
Bless this post.
1. You think no woman should be called a slut, but you’re all for and maybe even participate in slutwalks.
2.You want to ban pornography because it objectifies women but own a copy of “50 Shades of Grey.”
3.You demand men take ownership of their lives and whilst simultaneously blaming all…